A couple faced every parents' nightmare when their 13-month-old child stopped breathing.
They swung into action at their Saffron Lane home when their baby started turning blue last Sunday afternoon.
While dad-of-nine Martin Easingwood pumped baby Koburn's chest, mum Kelly Parker relayed instructions to him from an ambulance call handler.
Martin, 50, an unemployed security guard and driver, said: "His mum was changing his nappy when his eyes went back into his head and he stopped breathing."
He rushed to the kitchen with the unconscious younger to avoid panicking the couple's five other children, all aged under 12.
"He started going blue and purple," said Martin. "I started pumping his chest while Kelly was on the phone to a 999 call handler and his brothers and sister were crying and shouting his name.
"He eventually opened his eyes after what seemed like a long time, but he started fitting."
Two ambulances – one from Wigston and one from Leicester Royal Infirmary – were sent and they were there within 10 to 15 minutes.
The youngster was rushed to the infirmary with his mother, where he continued to suffer fits and stopped breathing again before being resuscitated once more.
Kelly said: "His heart stopped and he was put on a machine to breathe before being taken for a CT scan and then into intensive care.
"He came round at 7pm and shouted 'Dad, Dad, bott bott'. He was still having after shocks from the fitting and was given more medication."
Koburn was transferred to a children's ward later that night and was allowed home on Thursday.
"He's so bubbly now," said Kelly. "We've taken pictures to be able to show him a timeline of what happened for when he's older."
Martin, who also has three older children, said: "I felt quite calm when it happened. I've picked things up over the years having worked as a security guard for the infirmary, so I knew what to do.
"I'm so pleased and overwhelmed that he did respond and we're so grateful to the ambulance paramedics – they were brilliant. Once he was in their hands, I knew he was safe."
Koburn underwent a lumbar puncture on Wednesday, testing for the possibility of meningitis or epilepsy, said his parents.
The youngster will have to go back to the infirmary for further testing over the next few months, but Martin hopes the worst is behind them.
"It's a relief now he's home and, apart from a few more tests, it's back to normal."