Quantcast
Channel: Leicester Mercury Latest Stories Feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 9894

Four saved in house fire drama

0
0

Four people were rescued by firefighters after a blaze broke out at their home.

The fire started in the kitchen of the semi-detached house in Conway Drive, Shepshed, at about 5.40am on Sunday.

Two adults and two children had to be rescued by firefighters from an upstairs room.

A spokesman for Leicester Fire and Rescue Service said they received a call from one of the occupants of the house.

The four people were told to move to a bedroom at the front of the house, as the fire was coming from the kitchen at the back, and told to stay there until crews from Loughborough and Shepshed arrived at the scene.

They were rescued from the property and treated by paramedics. They did not need hospital treatment.

The fire service spokesman said: "They were rescued from a first-floor front bedroom, using a short extension ladder. They had been directed to move to the front to make the rescue easier."

The fire was put out by about 6.20am.

Police were called to the scene as part of protocol when people are trapped inside a property.

However, the fire service said the blaze was accidental and was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 9894

Latest Images

Trending Articles





Latest Images