Quantcast
Channel: Leicester Mercury Latest Stories Feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 9894

Elderly man treated for smoke inhalation after fire at his home

0
0
An elderly man was treated for smoke inhalation when a fire severely damaged his home in Stoneleigh Way, Leicester. The fire in the semi-detached property broke out at about 2.30pm yesterday. Firefighters arrived at the house, in the Groby Road area of the city, to find it "well alight". Six firefighters using breathing apparatus helped tackle the blaze. The occupier of the property was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation. The fire service said the blaze was believed to have been caused by a faulty electric heater. The property's ground floor was severely damaged by fire, and the the rest of the building suffered heat and smoke damage. Fire crews left the scene at about 5pm - but then returned in the evening for a re-inspection of the property.

Elderly man treated for smoke inhalation after fire at his home


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 9894

Latest Images

Trending Articles





Latest Images