Quantcast
Channel: Leicester Mercury Latest Stories Feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 9894

Garage destroyed in blaze in Anstey, Leicestershire

0
0
A garage was destroyed in a blaze caused by an electrical fault. Firefighters from the city's western station attended the fire, which broke out in Bradgate Road, Anstey, at about 5.10pm last night. Initially one engine was sent to the scene, but was followed by a second following several calls from people in the area. Firefighters tackled the flames for about two hours. No-one was hurt or had to be rescued, a spokeswoman for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue service said. She said the garage was a single-story, 5m by 5m building, which was not attached to a house. It suffered 95 per cent damage in the blaze, which started accidentally. The spokeswoman said crews went out to reinspect the area on Sunday morning to make sure it was safe. Nine-year-old James Underwood, who lives nearby, sent in this picture of the scene to the Mercury. He said: "The day was acting very normal but in the afternoon there was a petrifying surprise. I was watching TV when there was a big boom! The garage on the other side of the road was on fire! "By 5.34pm there was barely anything left."

Garage destroyed in blaze in Anstey, Leicestershire


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 9894

Latest Images

Trending Articles





Latest Images